Responsible for preparation of food served in all areas of the hospital. Oversees patient tray assembly, caf and catering food service. Completes supervisory operational duties and demonstrates progressive leadership and effective management, as well as develops staff and builds a strong team.
- Actualizes ABM Healthcare Support Services Mission, Vision and Value statements.
- Maintains professional behavior consistent with role as well as composure in difficult interpersonal situations.
- Knows who all their customers are and initiatives and maintains positive relationships with them; promotes a customer service mindset at all times with both internal and external customers. Responds to all requests from customers with a can do attitude. Follows up on requests with a sense of urgency.
- Initiates and maintains positive relationships with administrative leadership and internal department directors and staff in an effort to build a strong, cohesive team.
- Develops, facilitates, and monitors the process for customer service improvement initiatives and suggest new methods that lead to better service.
- Completes all required ABM Healthcare Support Services weekly and monthly reports in a timely manner; presenting information to be submitted in a neat and professional format.
- Monitors training programs to ensure compliance and completion within given time frames; conducts in-service training as required.
- Follows Universal Precautions/Infection Control Procedures.
- Demonstrates understanding of and complies with HIPPA Privacy Act; maintains confidentiality of patient information.
- Wears ID badge above the waist and facing out at all times while on hospital property.
- Introduces self and explains role to others in person and over the phone.
- Smiles, makes eye contact and appears friendly, open and interested in people.
- Offers assistance to whoever needs it.
- Provides direction by personally escorting people when possible.
- Respects others and is courteous.
- Responds Quickly: Explains procedures and expected time frames and follows through within stated time frames.
- Explains Delays: States reasons for any delay in a timely fashion and follows through on promises.
- Inspires patients/customers confidence by making positive comments about our system, hospital and other departments.
- Shares patients/customers private or confidential information only with those who have clearance to receive the information and avoids doing so in public areas.
- Takes ownership of tasks and assignments.
- Accepts feedback as an opportunity for growth and applies knowledge gained from educational activities to work.
- Regularly participates in informal and formal education, staff meetings or staff development activities.
- Adheres to hospital and departmental policies related to safety.
- Visually inspects and tastes all food products.
- Maintain sufficient back up for caf.
- Prepares quality food for all areas.
- Food preparation is complete according to menu.
- Uses standardized recipes.
- Able to improvise and questions unclear orders.
- Demonstrates ability to complete all cook positions job tasks.
- Appropriately portions food for patient trays & cafeteria.
- Makes sure food is ready and that trayline starts on time.
- Adjust food production schedules when needed.
- Accurately inventories & orders raw food supplies.
- Orders Food and Supplies via computer ordering program.
- Maintains use of approved product and vendors.
- Checks food deliveries against order invoice.
- Stores refrigerator/frozen items within 15 minutes of delivery.
- Uses chemicals safely and maintains safe work area.
- Trains employees how to safely operate and clean equipment.
- Food is stored properly (labeled and dated).
- Follows Universal Precautions/Infection Control handling food.
- Functions as Department Supervisor during normal operation hours.
- Arranges for coverage of unscheduled absences.
- Completes cash count and deposits for caf.
- May fill in for trayline or retail supervisor.
- Strong customer service skills
- In depth knowledge of food preparation and food safety.
- Ability to read, understand and modify recipes.
- Works independently with computer used for ordering food.
- Operates kitchen equipment and train others.
High School or GED
Associate Degree preferred
- 5 years food preparation experience required. Hospital food preparation preferred.
- Completion of ServSafe Sanitation Certification Course.
- CDM Certification
- Culinary Certification or the equivalent in quantity foods experience (in healthcare preferred).