15R AH-64 Attack Helicoptor Repairer
Job ID: 1058926
Job Views: 16
Location: HOUSTON, Texas, United States
ZIP Code: 77034
Job Category: Aviation
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
The AH-64 Apache Attack helicopter is the guardian of the skies, and therefore, must be precisely maintained and ready to take flight at a moment's notice. As an AH-64 Attack Helicopter Repairer, you will learn how to repair and maintain these combat aircraft.
Specific duties may include: removing, servicing, and installing aircraft subsystem assemblies; preparing aircraft for inspections and maintenance checks; performing scheduled inspections; and inspecting and repairing body, fuselage, landing gear, and other components required to keep the aircraft in top working order.
* Remove and install aircraft subsystem assemblies such as engines, rotors, gearboxes, transmissions, and mechanical flight controls
* Service and lubricate aircraft and subsystems
Some of the Skills You'll Learn
* Repair of aluminum, steel, and fiberglass airframes/coverings
* Fix hydraulic, fuel, and electrical systems
* Preference for mathematics and shop mechanics
* Ability to use hand and power tools
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career with aircraft manufacturers, commercial airlines, and government agencies.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to learn. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for an AH-64 Attack Helicopter Repairer consists of 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and 14 weeks of Advanced Individual Training, including inspection and repair of aircraft engines and equipment. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field.
* Paid training
* A monthly paycheck
* Montgomery GI Bill
* Federal and State tuition assistance
* Retirement benefits for part-time service
* Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
* 401(k)-type savings plan
* Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
* Health care benefits available
* VA home loans
* Bonuses, if applicable
* Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
* Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
* Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
* Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
* Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
* Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.
Associated topics: automotive, breakdown, calibrate, field service, field service technician, machine maintenance, maintenance, mechanical, millwright, upgrade